Monday, November 10, 2008

PowerPoint FTL

Ok, I know the 40 + crowd thinks PowerPoint is like, the greatest thing since sliced bread, but seriously, their abuse of unnecessary features annoys the piss out of me. Pretty much all my management and business courses are done on power point, and it's what we study from. The stupid irrelevant clip art and charts just waste my printer ink and clutter the slides. 37 slides could easily be reduced to 25 if there wasn't so much clutter in there. I just want the text, stuff I need to know, and not tacky little pictures of guys with lightbulbs over their heads or decorated dollar signs. And when they put animated slide movements in the powerpoint when they're presenting, it makes me want to punch a baby. How do we clue them in? Or better yet, created a virus that wipes out all the retarded powerpoint shit and only leaves the text feature?

2 comments:

K.W. said...

I've got to say, the sound effects in lectures may just be worse than the clipart. I don't need to hear a car screeching to a halt every time the professor introduces a new bulletpoint.

Jared Cash said...

You can always just show them a better way. You've got a Mac and you're still. A student, so you can get iWork for $39, I think. It has an app called Keynote that makes PowerPoint look like it was made in the 1900s. Plus, you don't have to resort to the annoying use of clip art and sound effects to make your viewers say 'Wow'.

You can download a free trial of you just want to check out if I'm right (which I am).

http://www.apple.com/iwork