Monday, January 12, 2009

CSS3

sad face. I keep reading about CSS3 and all the spiffy new stuff it can do. Unfortunately, I'm stuck in midevil times designing for a target group that uses IE explorer, and prob only IE7 at that. /cringe. [i'm a little bored at work printing brochures in sets of 25]

- ability to create rounded boxes solely through CSS instead of images. that's probably what i'm most jealous of.

- creating shadows around boxes is another goodie.

- of course, new font abilities. this example uses Delicious, a unique font by Jos Buivenga I've become fond of recently.

Seriously, though. IE? saaaaaaad faaaaaaace. <3 href="https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/5081">Twitterfox - does that need explanation?
Zementa - blogging tool
Gmail Notifier - duuuuur

Web Development:
Firebug - yay source code editing!
Measureit - obsecenely helpful
ColorZilla - color picker from your screen. amazing.



I am quite aware this is turning into a design blog, but hey, I don't have that interesting of a personal life anyway. I work and do design, go home,make pitiful attempts to cook, play video games, and spoil my cat. Counting down the time till graduation, and searching for a job in Seattle.


my lists are all in sets of 3 today. it's creeping me out.
0_o




this is me right now.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comment:

Enlightened Sage said...

Yeah. IE and CSS don't go together these days, they have bad support for CSS 2.1 so I don't think CSS3 is their top priority. I hope IE8 is a better version than what i've seen in IE6 and 7. Good luck designing for IE.