Monday, April 6, 2009

Tuna Salad Sandwich & Other Thoughts

So growing up we were never a big tuna family. I don't think I ever saw a can in our house and never had the desire for a tuna salad. But today I did, so I grabbed some tuna from the grocery store($.62 at walmart), some celery, and made an awesome tuna salad sandwich from stuff around my apartment! A cheap and tasty meal!





- one can of tuna
- one finely chopped celery stalk
- 2 squirts of lemon juice
- spoonful of mayonnaise
- 2 spoonfuls of cottage cheese
- few pinches of dill


I'm really starting to love not just cooking, but exploring and creating. I'm considering possibly writing/designing a cookbook. The Single Girl's Cookbook, or something along those lines. Because there are a lot of women who live alone, and that's why I didn't cook for so long. Why bother if I'm the only one eating it? Maybe I'll just start another blog of tasty one-two serving recipes and of course, a whole section on chocolate desserts!!!

Society and everything we see seems to send the message that it's shameful for women to be single, and should devote their time to finding Prince Charming. 50 years ago, that line of thinking was probably appropriate, but now, with everything we have available to us, I think women should be devoting their time to loving themselves, discovering their potential, and pursuing dreams that don't include a long walk in a white dress. It's awesome that some women can find their soul mate and be happy, but it shouldn't be forced down our throats everywhere we look. Or maybe I should just stop watching chick flicks? Either way, I really want to find a way to reach other twenty-something women to let them know there's more than one way to a happy-ever-after, and it doesn't have to include a man.

"I threw up. I saw the ring and I threw up. That can't be normal." Carrie
"That's my reaction to marriage." Samantha
- Sex and the City

No comments: