Friday, August 24, 2007

08.24.07 Luminous Arc!

When I got my wii, I of course went to register it and check out other goodies on Nintendo.com, where a pretty banner caught my eye. It was an advertisement for a new game, Luminous Arc, coming out for the DS. Immediately I was intrigued by the beautiful scenery and interesting characters, so I went to the website, and began to read up on it. The game is a tactical RPG with interesting battle sequences. It's been out a little over a week, and it took me a while to track it down, but I found it at a Gamestop in a nearby town. I've been playing for almost an hour, and I'm already in love. My trepidation of this game - an RPG(not my thing) - is long gone, as I've gotten into the story line, become entranced with the characters, and serenaded by the music. Everything about the game is pretty, but it's also interesting. I'm playing as one of the children of the Evergarden, who is training to fight witches, who are said to create monsters and wreak general havok in an otherwise-peaceful world. Aside from the plot development, the characters are very in depth, as well. I found myself laughing out loud at the antics of, Leon, a wanna-be player. I couldn't help but smile as little Theo chattered to his older brother about the upcoming battles in his cute little voice. The game is just purely entertaining. After pretty much beating Pokemon Diamond, I've been needing a new DS game to get into, and this was a great choice. (The other was Rune Factory: Harvest Moon) While the game isn't my type, and definately can't distract me from Cod4 and my other shooters, it's perfect for my DS needs: break at work, waiting to get my hair cut, going to the doctors, taking a dump(hahaha, jay kay), and anywhere else my 360 won't fit. ;)

Also, does it make me a dork if I want to buy the soundtrack to this game? Seriously, it's amazing. And I love the into. Yeah, I think that makes me a dork.



No comments: