Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Getting Over a Broken Heart

Haven't done much on the blog front lately, mostly because I've had nothing blogworthy. Just nights of crying myself to sleep, and days of starting blankly into space wondering when I will stop feeling so worthless. My mom says it's called heartbreak. It's something that happens when you fall in love, but that someone who lights up your world decides they don't love you back. It's really hard to lose your best friend, your lover, and your reason for waking up in one blow. I pretty much fell apart, but I've started taking steps to get my life back on track, and discover the girl I used to be.


Sake. I got a kitten. She's pretty much amazing. I got her from the Iowa Animal Rescue League, and she is an ornery ball of fire, but incredibly sweet and cuddly at the same time.






I started working out at my dad's recommendations. Endorphins and such to make me happy. Pilates in the evening and Jillian Michaels in the morning, who makes me want to cry. Seriously, I'm like a fat person trapped in a skinny person's body when it comes to working out. Owowow.






Also, I landed an internship at the Iowa Judicial Branch, redsigning their website to make it more user-friendly and handicap-accessable. I'm excited for my first "solo" website project and all the experience.



In my quest to find my former, single-loving self, I started playing Halo again. My friend Brent and I have a doubles team for fun(tactical tampons, lololol), but I'll see how much I improve, and decide wether to start competing again in the MLG 09 season. It's been fun reconnecting with old friends and teammates. It's funny how you make lifelong friendships with these people you spend time with online. You can not talk to them for 6 months, a year, and pick up conversations right where you left off, as if no time has passed at all. Joking about old teams, strategies, fun stories from tournaments, and "the good old days" before game tournaments became so popular and everyone jumped on the band wagon.







Seattle plans are shaping up, too. I'm starting to look for jobs out there after graduation, and my mother and I are planning on going apartment shopping over spring break this year. yippee. With any luck, I'll be out on my own by this summer with a big kid job all of my own. And hopefully in an apartment that will have my zoo, Sake, Sophie, and Mia. I <3 them.

1 comment:

Rein Valdez said...

Loving someone may ended in a broken heart. Those DATA of Heartache of yours may be removed through time and business.

Life is so beautiful. :)

I also encourage you to read my DATA of Heartache